Record year for Pöttinger

Pöttinger turnover increased by 8.0% during 2018/2019 financial year to record €382 million.

by Steven Vale

4 Sep 2019

The Austrian family-owned company enjoyed strong growth for its stubble cultivators, balers and grassland machines. Sales of the latter increased by 9% percent and account for 69% of total turnover. Cultivators and seed drill sales made up the remaining 31% (+5%).

More than 60% of total turnover was achieved in Germany, France, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and Switzerland. The home market remains strong (10%), and Germany (20%) and France (16%) are the largest and most important single markets.

Pottinger continues to invest in its production sites and major projects were recently completed at the seed drill plant in Bernburg (Germany) and the tillage competence centre in Vodnany (Czech Republic). The re-engineering of the assembly halls at Grieskirchen (Austria) is nearing completion.

Looking ahead, work on a new baler and large rake facility will commence early next year in St. Georgen. The first machines will be made early 2021.

See also: Green light for new Pöttinger plant